Monday, February 4, 2013

Steam Powered Giraffe

So, if you are friends with me on Facebook, you will know that I'm quite a big fan of the band called Steam Powered Giraffe. This band is a not just a band though, they are a musical pantomime group. They dress themselves up like robots, and then perform as if they were.

The band can be classified as a Steampunk, funk/soft rock band. While the CDs are fun, the band really shines when Pantomiming as their three robot characters. The three robots crack jokes on stage, and might do some improvisational dialogue every once in a while.

Steam Powered Giraffe still hasn't become popular yet, so if being a hipster is important to you, then go ahead and feel free to like them.

They have done a few videos, and they can be viewed on Youtube. I have two of the videos below for your viewing pleasure.



I'll be going up to Everett to see them in April. That is going to be fun in and of itself, because I'll be going with some of my good friends. (You know who you are. ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment