Friday, March 1, 2013

My Eagle Project (1)

Well, the ball has started rolling. I think I've got a pretty decent idea for an Eagle Project. Totally possible, I think, and shouldn't need too many safety precautions.

I'm looking at doing a food and clothes drive for Portland Rescue Mission. This project would hopefully get a bunch of food, and clothes. I have yet to determine a weight goal, and I'll be talking a bit with my parents about that today. Also, today I'll be calling Portland Rescue Mission to hear what they think about it.

Seeing the info on the website, and pictures really got my heart into the project. I wasn't too sure that this was what I wanted to do, but now, I'm more certain.

Well, I've got some stuff to go do, but I'm doing it with a new energy. I've got a target, I just have to work on my aim.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:Edit 1:
More information can be found here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


:Edit 2:

I sent the email!

"Dear Mr. Miller

My name is Josh Carter, and I'm a 17 year old Life Scout from BSA Troop 49. As you may know, one of the requirements for Eagle is to plan, organize, and lead a service project. After thinking over different options, I decided that I would help Portland Rescue Mission by doing a large food and clothes drive. After looking at your website, I decided that adding bibles to the list would also be a great idea, and it's something that my Christian Troop could really get behind.

I would like to find a time where we could talk over a plan. What kinds of food do you need, what types of clothes are needed, etc.

If you would, send a reply including a few times when you are free to talk over this, so that I can talk with my parents and figure out a meeting time. We can meet in person, or over the phone depending on what you'd like.

I look forward to working with you!

-Josh Carter"

No comments:

Post a Comment