Friday, March 8, 2013

My Eagle Project (2)

Well, the person got back to me the other day. It turned out that Mr. Miller wasn't actually the receiver of the email, so I'm sure that the email was just forwarded to the appropriate person. The person that responded kinda sent a "please fill this out" email, which isn't enough to meet the requirements. So, I sent an email back, which may or may not be well received. It was worded probably more frankly than was needed, but at least I did it.

Below is my response:

Thank you for getting back to me!
I apologize for not being clear in my first email. I don't think that I gave enough information about my thoughts on the project. While I very much appreciate your help by providing the pdf document, and asking me to pick a more concentrated goal, the requirement for the Eagle Project states that the project has to not have any previous work done on it.

Which means, I cannot take an existing project, and complete it. In essence, this is what I would be doing, if I just gathered clothes or hygiene items and filled out a form.

Eagle projects are rarely just thrown together, many require months of planning.

As such, I do not think that it's necessary to limit the project to just socks/new underwear, hygiene items OR warm clothing. I have a lot of people that could potentially be involved, and I would like to impact Portland Rescue Mission in the greatest way possible. If canned food isn't a great need right now, then I could do a drive for the other aforementioned items, but I do not want to pick a small amount. 
I would really like to setup a meeting time, where we could talk this over in greater detail. Once again, please let me know which days/ times work best for you.
Thank you for understanding.

Well, the important part is that it was sent. Hopefully it's interpreted correctly.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:Edit:
The misinterpretation was actually due to my silliness. Got it all sorted out now. The person just wanted me to make sure that I went through the proper channels, and filled out all the information that they need before I got started.

No comments:

Post a Comment