Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Chameleon

Back Story
On July 7th, I wrote a poem. It was sorta a weird time for me, sorta like the storm before the wreck. My inner life was in turmoil but I was making the best of it. Well, I wrote a while, and this is what came out of it.


"'Fitting into other’s lives,
barely living my own.

fulfilling their wishes
to fill an endless hole.

Then, I found you
I tried to fit you where only God should go

yet, only Christ can fill
Only Jesus can make me whole.

I am a chameleon.'

I don't want to want to know God. And I don't want to drain happiness from other people. I need to take this life God has given me, and love it. I need to get happiness vertically, not horizontally."


It was a dark time for me, but I liked this. I don't quite know what draws me to it, but I am drawn to it none-the-less. So, I hope that you have gotten something out of it.

-Joshua

No comments:

Post a Comment